RAV4 z USA

co je potřeba vyřídit a komu se to vyplatí
daleksan
Člen Týmu

Rozdily

Příspěvek od daleksan »

Vazeni, tak tady vlepuji co jsem se dozvedel ohledne rozdilu US/EU posledni generaci RAV4, treba se to nekomu bude hodit:

From the top of my head:

-longer wheel base- the US is about 1 foot (30 cm) longer - this extra length is used in the cargo area

-headlamps- the lamps are the same size, they fit without any major problems, although you will need to mess around with the wiring (to separate the parking lights form the turn signal, which in the US version are put in 1 bulb). The US lamps use completely different bulbs for high/low beams, turn signal, parking light/turn signal.

- the US version does not have a rear fog lamp, which were I live is a requirement.

-antenna - in the US version is located on the front fender, the european has a roof mounted antenna in the back

- radio - you'll only be able to tune in to radio frequencies ending at a odd number e.g. 95,7; 100,1, 103,5. - however, the european radios fit interchageably

-Speedometer - US version both in miles kilometers, although kilometers are much smaller

-Odometer - US version only in miles - impossible to reprogram.

-temp display - US version only in Fahrenheit - cannot reprogram

-Engine - The I4 belongs to the Toyota VVTi family and is basically a larger version of other engines available. However this does not mean that all parts will be available/interchangeable. Spark plugs, air/oil filters will be easy to get. Other components e.g. sensors may not be so easy to replace.

The V6 engine is a completely different story. I've heard rumors that Toyota dealerships, and I live in Poland - basically across the boarder, have had problems even with the simplest services e.g. an oil change - the O-rings seem to cause them a headache.

The European versions are more often equipped with diesel engines. European petrol engines have a much smaller displacement. Neither the 2.4 I4 nor the 3.5 V6 are available here.

Many dealerships refuse to service US cars, as they are not technologically ready to fix them. E.g. they can read the error codes, but are unable to decipher them properly.

Although these two versions seem similar from the outside, many components, like the infamous charcoal canister, are completely different. Replacing such an element will require ordering it from the US, or finding one at a salvage yard.
Leda
Člen Týmu

Příspěvek od Leda »

A odkud to máš?
Odpovědět

Zpět na „Dovoz auta ze zahraničí“